Today I am grateful for Questar. Most days, I am not. I pay them way too much money. Anyway, we have had a leak in our apartment stove for a few months. We had someone out to fix it but they couldn't find a leak and cleaned everything, tightened up everything and said it looked good. The thought maybe the pilot light was going out since it is pretty small but weren't sure. After a couple of months we figured we'd have to buy a new stove which is hard/expensive to do since we have to find a really super narrow, apartment size one. After calling another technician to ask a few questions about installing a new one, he suggested we call Questar to see if they could find a leak first. He was super helpful and I'm so glad we did. The nicest man came out from Questar and spent about 2 1/2 hours checking every possible thing. He tore the whole thing apart, checked every line, burner and pilot light, every line into our house and the surrounding neighbors to make sure there was no leak. After all of that he decided it had to be the pilot light and made a few adjustments and now it works fine!!! The best part, it was FREE! He said our stove was in amazing condition for being as old as it is and he would NOT replace it. Yay!!!
Monday, July 18, 2011
Day 178
Today I am grateful for Questar. Most days, I am not. I pay them way too much money. Anyway, we have had a leak in our apartment stove for a few months. We had someone out to fix it but they couldn't find a leak and cleaned everything, tightened up everything and said it looked good. The thought maybe the pilot light was going out since it is pretty small but weren't sure. After a couple of months we figured we'd have to buy a new stove which is hard/expensive to do since we have to find a really super narrow, apartment size one. After calling another technician to ask a few questions about installing a new one, he suggested we call Questar to see if they could find a leak first. He was super helpful and I'm so glad we did. The nicest man came out from Questar and spent about 2 1/2 hours checking every possible thing. He tore the whole thing apart, checked every line, burner and pilot light, every line into our house and the surrounding neighbors to make sure there was no leak. After all of that he decided it had to be the pilot light and made a few adjustments and now it works fine!!! The best part, it was FREE! He said our stove was in amazing condition for being as old as it is and he would NOT replace it. Yay!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment