Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 38

Today for FHE we went to the BYU Museum of Art. It was Chris' turn to plan and he wanted to something fun and Tyler needed to go for school anyway. Call me an uncultured swine if you will, but I do NOT love going to the art museum. It's just not my thing. To me, Math and Science are beautiful...numbers that add up and make sense. Anyway, combine that with the fact that we don't function well all together in public places and I could see a recipe for disaster! And, he wanted the kids to take sketch books and draw pictures of their favorite pieces of art! I thought he was nuts but I am always the downer on these sorts of things so I went along. To my utter amazement the kids actually did really well, had a great time and drew tons of pictures. No big meltdowns or unnecessary drama. I was surprised how much they really enjoyed it. We even got to see the new Carl Bloch exhibit which was really nice. I did ok too, just in case you are wondering. Oink Oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment