Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59

Today is the last day of our month-long read-a-thon at school. This year, I was NOT in charge!! I haven't missed it a bit. I have actually been able to enjoy the events with my kids instead of being in charge of them. This weekend one of the moms in our neighborhood hosted a "mini read-a-thon" to help the kids get some extra minutes. From what I heard, they were really good and read two solid hours! We decided to do it again today and I hosted. We spent two hours with books in hand but didn't get quite the same quality reading experience. Between the giggling, catching popcorn, giggling at missing the popcorn, throwing popcorn, giggling at throwing popcorn, three spilled drinks, giggling, burping, giggling at said burps, musical chairs, shushing one another, more giggling and then some more giggling, it took us a while to find our groove. But they eventually read for a respectable hour and ten minutes. I love this little group of kids, they are seriously so much fun! Incidentally, the lone little man above...Max, he rocks! And, he thinks I'm pretty smart. Just in case you didn't know. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment