Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 74

So today wasn't such a good day. It has been a busy week or so with the windows and some other household repairs. Chris has been busy building his chicken coop. (Which has been a MUCH bigger project than I imagined.) I've been painting the girls room which has taken a ridiculously long time. I got sick. I dropped a hammer on my toe and sliced a big hunk off the end. The kids have been fighting more than usual and I'm worn out. I may have lost it a time or two and their might have been tears...from everyone. McKenna wrote me a little note that said,

To: Mom
From: The Kids

Dear Mom. We love you. We will make you a deal. If you make us happy by not crying because it makes us cry. We will make you happy by not fighting. So is it a deal? Circle YES or NO

Yes, it was a rough day. So where is the joy in all of that? Because at the end of the day, no matter how stressful it was, how much pain and sadness there was, we are still a family. And I love them no matter what. My heart fills with joy just thinking about how blessed I am to have such a beautiful family. We take the ups and the downs, the sickness, the health, the good, the bad and the very, very bad. But, it's all worth it and nothing else matters. I love them with every fiber of my being, beyond comprehension...even if on more than one occasion I have considered packing them all off to Timbuktu. I am so very grateful for my family.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your 'toy' (toe) was hurt, big OUCH! That note reminded me of you kids at that age. I wish I had hung onto them. Glad you have my 'cocoa' note from when I was little. I love your 'joy in the journey' posts.

    ReplyDelete