Today was a perfect example of being able to "find joy in the journey". Tyler had put a 2-liter bottle of Sprite back in the fridge....lying down on its side....and didn't screw the lid on all the way. So later, when I opened the fridge, there was a nice trickle of Sprite, dripping down the front and pooling up at the bottom. Oh, did I mention it was on the top shelf? So rather than dwell on the negative, let us look at the positive side. My fridge is now clean, top to bottom! I am proud to say that for the first millisecond I was irritated but then I quickly said to myself, "I know what I can be grateful about today!" A clean fridge.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Day 26
Today was a perfect example of being able to "find joy in the journey". Tyler had put a 2-liter bottle of Sprite back in the fridge....lying down on its side....and didn't screw the lid on all the way. So later, when I opened the fridge, there was a nice trickle of Sprite, dripping down the front and pooling up at the bottom. Oh, did I mention it was on the top shelf? So rather than dwell on the negative, let us look at the positive side. My fridge is now clean, top to bottom! I am proud to say that for the first millisecond I was irritated but then I quickly said to myself, "I know what I can be grateful about today!" A clean fridge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you for not being irritated for more than a second! I'm so on board with the joy that a clean refrigerator brings. I cleaned mine a couple of weeks ago, like deep, deep cleaned, possibly for the first time since we moved in. I kept opening it up during the day just to admire how pretty it was:)
ReplyDelete